PLEASE READ THESE CAREFULLY
NZ Snow Safety Institute courses are operated by Temple Basin Ski Club Inc., a Charitable Trust. In order to offer guests the best experience at the lowest cost the accommodation lodges are run communally. This means that everyone staying on the mountain is required to participate in general housekeeping or food preparation duties each day, and we ask that these be carried out in a willing and cheerful manner.
Guests staying over a weekend have particular responsibilities. On arrival, each guest must assist with carrying personal belongings and the food supplies from the goodslift top to the Lodges. On the final day, all guests must assist in cleaning the Lodges to a reasonable standard for incoming guests.
The Manager has the authority to maintain safety on the field, proper use of facilities and a reasonable standard of behaviour. He has absolute authority over guests and anyone exhibiting unreasonable behaviour is liable to have their stay terminated.
All of the Lodges are smoke free areas where smoking is absolutely forbidden. Because of the fire risk, smoking is totally banned from all buildings on the Field. Fire and emergency equipment is to be used only in emergencies. This equipment will be demonstrated during each week by the field staff. Warm clothing, footwear and a torch must be kept handy to your bunk each night in case of fire.
Course Cancellation and Refund Policy.
While NZSSI will do the utmost to ensure courses run as scheduled, NZSSI reserves the right cancel the course should insufficient participation make it uneconomic to run the course. Should this be the case, participants will be informed of the low numbers with reasonable time to make alternative plans, or to help find additional participants.
Refunds on cancellation of booked and confirmed course are as follows:
- When a course is cancelled by the NZ Snow Safety Institute, a full refund will be given less bank charges.
- When a course is cancelled by guests, an administration fee and cancellation fee will apply. For details of these fees, please see below.
- All refunds will be made by the NZ Snow Safety Institute, not by Temple Basin Ski Area or its staff.
- Administration Fee. An administration fee of $50 will be deducted from the amount of any refund payable under 2 above
These are listed below:
- Cancellation 1 month prior to the commencement date of the course – 100% refund less administration fee.
- Cancellation 21 days prior to the commencement date of the course – 90% refund less administration fee.
- Cancellation up to 7 days prior to the commencement of the course – 50% refund less administration fee.
- Cancellation within 7 days of the commencement of the course, or during the period of the course – no refund will be given.
- Cancellation due to COVID-related symptoms will result in a full refund less an admin fee of the greater of $50 or 5% of the booking fee.